Pages

Monday 6 April 2015

How often should we shampoo our hairs?


 BEST REPLY                                                                                           
It depends on your hair, as mentioned above, but age counts as well. If you are a little kid, you probably don't need to wash it too often, but if you are a teen, your hormones stimulate oil production, which causes very oily hair as well as acne. In this case, washing it every 1-2 days would be best.

As an adult, there are a wide variety of ranges for which products you should use, what your hair is like, and even where you live. (Do you live in a dry climate? Or at high altitudes? Maybe in a tropical region?) If you need advice, ask those you know who have a similar hair to yours and see what they do. Gaining the opinions of several hairdressers would be wise as well.

As for me, I take a shower and get my hair wet every day, since I am a young adult. I do a quick run-through with a 2-in-1 shampoo+conditioner, since I need the moisturizing effects of conditioner, but the oil restoring worsens my oily hair problem. About twice a week, I do a thorough job with the 2-in-1, as well as apple cider vinegar. I learned recently that apple cider vinegar really helps with excess oil buildup and moisturizing. I have short, thick hair, so a lot of oil collects fast. Someone with longer hair would not need to do this as frequently.
Note: Do not do what I do if you have dry hair. I have no idea what will happen... ;)

Overall, to keep a healthy hair, you should find out what works best for you based on you circumstances and your preferences. Although a little vinegar wouldn't hurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment